There is a lot of confusion among people when it comes to deciding the average blog post length. Every one of us just speculates or expresses our gut feeling of what we think the ideal length of a blog should be without knowing the facts.
Whenever you are composing an article for the Internet, one of the important things you examine is:
Your article must have an average blog post length at least. On the off chance that it is excessively short, you won’t clarify much about the topic; assuming it is excessively long, it may not hold the watchers’ interest.
Hence, you need to carefully choose how lengthy you need your article to come to be. So, In this article I have discussed the average Blog Post Length by putting forward the facts.
Here you have the word count and your article should be between 15-25% of that number. Due to this it gives you more flexibility in the sentences you create for your content marketing materials.
Aim for 2,000+ Words per Article
If you are writing an article for a website that is in the nature of a consumer advice column, your word count should be much less. In fact, some websites would even accept articles of only 150 words. Long-winding paragraphs are strictly no-no.
Noah Kagan of AppSumo (the founder of SumoMe) collaborated with the good individuals of BuzzSumo (a device that frequently makes it on best-of records for publishing content to blog devices). Together they led research on what makes content become viral. After looking at 100 million blogs, part of their investigation was:
- Longer content performs better. However, that’s not to say that shorter doesn’t work. This goes for both blog posts and social media posts. You don’t have to have a 10,000 word blog post to go viral; you just have to tell a good story.
- Most elements of writing a great blog post or viral article have a lot more to do with structure and storytelling ability than word count.
Content length for better conversion rates
Your article will stand a significant chance to gain organic traffic and social shares. Thousands of news outlets publish articles about trending topics and popular questions on the Internet.
If you have interesting content they would like to read, such as an article on “100 Ways To Survive A Bug Out Situation”, then they may take your article and publish it in their own publication.
Such a piece of substance will drive commitment and generate trust in individuals who will be asked to read your post over and over, yet share it with others.
Top Influencer Neil Patel ran a well known A/B test on his site. What’s more, He tracked down the accompanying ends dependent on the main ten outcomes in Google for 20,000 unique keywords.
The results consistently show that pages with more than 2,000 words rank higher in the top ten results of Google.
Long structure landing pages, including that of Neil Patel, convert better compared to more limited ones for a few reasons.
Bonus Tip: Along with the length of the blog you should be thinking about adding images and videos inside your post, here is an article, explaining the importance of Core Web Vitals and How to Measure them.
The ideal length of everything online
We’ve done our research to put together some rules that will help you with your social media posts. The guidelines are for ideal length for tweets, Facebook posts, blog posts, and Email. Remember, every character counts.
The infographic below gives the answer:
Use Different Content Lengths for Different Industries –
Online marketing master Neil Patel also looked into the topic of how long your blog content should be. In his article Neil states the following:
- Ideal Content length definitely matters and longer content performs the best if it goes with great quality.
- Different industries have different ideal word counts (based on his experience and evidence he found online):
- Healthcare: 2,000 – 2,150
- Fashion: 800 – 950
- Recruiting: 900 – 1,000
- Food: 1,400 – 1,900
- Travel: 1,500 – 1,850
- Film: 1,500 – 1,700
- Finance: 2,100 – 2,500
- Manufacturing: 1,700 – 1,900
- Sales: 2,500 – 2,700
- Retail: 1,500 – 1,700
- Real estate: 1,800 – 1,900
- Home and garden: 1,100 – 1,200
- Tech: 800 – 1,000
- Gadgets: 300 – 500
- Marketing/Advertising: 2,500 – 3,000
The catch: Your content has to be Good to read
Average blog post length is part of the solution, but not all of it. Content length empowers large numbers of the elements that assistance to characterize quality substance according to clients and web indexes:
- Utility and worth
- High stay time
- Convincing title and portrayal labels
Keep in mind, you will likely assist them, to improve their personal satisfaction and set yourself up as a suspected pioneer — somebody they can trust to manage them through the difficulties they’re looking for as it identifies with your subject matter. Content marketing is one of the most ideal approaches to do that.
The different lengths of blogs
With so many articles and blog posts out there, it’s important to keep your blog posts as crisp and efficient as possible.
In today’s competitive world, you need to cut out all the unnecessary words or paragraphs if you want to be successful at blogging.
A well-written blog post has many elements, which may include different sections, subtitles, figures, and photographs. Blog posts of different lengths can serve different purposes and target different audiences.
- 400-600 words: This is nothing but ‘’a snackable post’’. It’s one that’s bite-sized, something you can read without having to commit too much time to it. Easily digestible – a snackable post. They are very useful for social shares and commitment, in any case, too short to even think about driving site traffic or influence SEO.
- 600-1,000 words: These are viewed as instructive posts with an editorial style. These posts are incredible for including influencers, reference connections, and building SEO gradually.
- 1,000-1,500 words: Depending on your crowd, these more drawn-out articles can truly have an effect on your lead generation. On the off chance that you compose significant substance, the length is viewed as an incredible asset to drive natural site traffic through link building, partnerships, and calls to action.
- 1,500-2,500 words: These long articles are known as your “Google go-getters” because the search engine is in love with the longer posts! We’ve heard that the Top-ranking posts are 2,450, so that may be Google’s sweet spot.
If you are strongly hoping to gain organic search traffic, including a lot of valuable reference links to influencers, educate your audience, and include downloadable and incredible content – go long!!!!
The Bottom Line
The takeaway? Writing for long-term gains such as long-form whitepapers and ebooks, or long-form content on landing pages, can be challenging and time-consuming but should have higher conversion and retention rates than shorter posts.
Determining the best length of the text differs from site to site. Some sites have found that shorter content works best while others find that longer content done well attracts the most attention. So the suggestion would be, try the content of different lengths and track the number of reads, shares, or conversions for each piece.